Featured

Check out this old commercial from the 1964/1965 New York World's Fair, held in #flushing #queens The fair held over 140 pavilions, 110 restaurants, for 80 nations, 24 US states, and over 45 corporations built exhibits or attractions at Flushing Meadows–Corona Park in Queens, New York City. : @zararealty 0

Check out this old commercial from the 1964/1965 New York World's Fair, held in #flushing #queens The fair held over 140 pavilions, 110 restaurants, for 80 nations, 24 US states, and over 45 corporations built exhibits or attractions at Flushing Meadows–Corona Park in Queens, New York City. : @zararealty

Hits: 132

0

There’s a new sandwich spot in town

Hits: 185Stacked Sandwich Shop is Forest Hills’ newest spot for a sandwich. Located at 68-60 Austin St., Stacked sandwiches are packed, or stacked, if you will, with fresh cold cuts. Stacked also offers salads, drinks, desserts and a...

Our columnist, @michaelhperlman, is the proud owner of a rare MacDonald Memorial Games medal that represents Forest Hills and WWI history at its finest! It features Forest Hills'-own WWI veteran, Captain Gerald MacDonald (1882 – 1929), who served in the 22nd & 12th Engineers. MacDonald Park was named in his honor in 1933, & our park's statue's date of inscription & dedication coincides with this 1934 medal. His brother Henry MacDonald was a member of American Forest Hills Post No. 630 & a WWI naval reservist, who spearheaded the campaign to name our park in his honor. American Legion Post 630 donated funds for the statue that was sculpted by Frederic de Henwood, Henry MacDonald’s brother-in-law. Henry Deacy was the architect. 0

Our columnist, @michaelhperlman, is the proud owner of a rare MacDonald Memorial Games medal that represents Forest Hills and WWI history at its finest! It features Forest Hills'-own WWI veteran, Captain Gerald MacDonald (1882 – 1929), who served in the 22nd & 12th Engineers. MacDonald Park was named in his honor in 1933, & our park's statue's date of inscription & dedication coincides with this 1934 medal. His brother Henry MacDonald was a member of American Forest Hills Post No. 630 & a WWI naval reservist, who spearheaded the campaign to name our park in his honor. American Legion Post 630 donated funds for the statue that was sculpted by Frederic de Henwood, Henry MacDonald’s brother-in-law. Henry Deacy was the architect.

Hits: 142

Follow by Email
Facebook
Google+
http://foresthillsgardensblog.com">
Twitter
INSTAGRAM